Agra is a beautiful place known as the “Land of Palaces“. Agra is the perfect spot for tourist and for those students who are studying architecture. Agra has an exceptional collection of religious places, Forts, Palaces, Monuments and other places.
Places to See in Agra
1. Taj Mahal – It is one of the most famous monument in Agra. Beauty of Taj Mahal attracts tourist in Agra. An Emperor named as ShahJahan has built Taj Mahal in the memory of his late wife Mumtaj as a symbol of love. It inspires the love in youth to stay happily forever with their life partner.
2. Agra Fort – It is an another main tourist attraction. This fort is also known as Red Fort as it was built with red sandstone by Mughal emperor Akbar (Father of Shah Jahan).
3. Baby Taj – It is the small tomb across the Yamuna river. It is also one of the popular monuments in Agra. The king of Agra has built it in 1620s. It is also known as “Itimad-ud-Daulah”. Its interior contains multiple chambers and the king placed his wife in the central one. The walls are decorated colorfully. Tourist must come and watch the beauty of this place.
4. Diwani-A-Khas – It is a hall of private and dignified people. It has two big halls. It was also built by Shah Jahan in 1637.
5. Marble Handicrafts Emporium – It is the most attractive tourist place. Here you can see men working, setting gems into marble. However it is time taking but a really impressive art.
Delicious Food in Agra
You can enjoy Street Food with the view of Forts. Top Restaurants are also present in Agra where you can have everything according to your taste.
1. Bikanerwala : It is one of the brand of Indian restaurants. It is a vegetarian restaurant where you can have Indian cuisine and sweets. They have a large collection of desserts. It is a nice and clean place.
2. Peshawri : It is a non-veg restaurant famous for its spicy kebabs and delicious bread. But it is served without rice.
3. Rooftop restaurant : This restaurant is on roof with a great view of Taj Mahal. As it is hot in Agra so people must come in evening and enjoy the cold breeze. It is both veg and non-veg restaurant.
Best Season to Visit Agra
Taj Mahal, beauty of Agra, looks amazing in Monsoon (June to October). Winters (November to March) are also very comfortable month to visit and enjoy in Agra.