Dehradun is a famous and beautiful place in India. It is the capital city of the state of Uttarakhand. This place is famous for its beautiful surroundings. It is the most preferred destination of tourists. It is a beautiful hill and is popular because of its adventure, beautiful nature and spiritualism. Dehradun is well connected with other countries too. This place has some beautiful buildings and monuments of distinct history and is very famous. People who have a keen interest in history must come here to know about the beautiful history and culture of Dehradun.
Famous Tourist Spots in Dehradun
1. Rajaji National Park – This park was founded in 1966. It is a beautiful place where animals stay. You will be able too see wildlife face to face. There are 10 forest rest houses available here.
2. The Kalinga War Memorial – It is a famous tourist spot in Dehradun which reflects the brave story of Gorkhas. One who wants to know the history must come here and pay tribute to the Gorkha regiment.
3. The Museum, Forest Research Institute – It is one of the oldest institute established in Dehradun. Its main building is very impressive. The infrastructure is very attractive and the place boasts of many laboratories.
4. Buddha Temple or Mindrolling Monastery – This place has a long story and those interested in it must pay a visit to this place. It is yet another popular tourist attraction and quite popular too.
5. Clock tower – It is a good place with good crowd. Evening time is the best to visit this place.
There are many picnic spots in Dehradun. Here you can enjoy with your family and friends. Famous picnic spots are : Lachhiwala, Malsi deer park, Robber’s cave, Tiger falls, Fun valley.
Shopping in Dehradun
Tourists can buy many things like stunning antique and Garhwali jewellery, books, loca paintings or ornaments, wind chimes, snuggly woolens and designer furniture.
Rajpur road is one of the most famous market in Dehradun where you can find different branded apparels.
In Dehradun, there are many food outlets. Some are small but one can find good quality food here. Many of the eating places are on Rajpur road. Some of them are- The Buffet snacks shop, K.C Momo’s and soup bar, Bun Tikki Wala, Maggie point, Chetan poori wala, Madrasi dosa hunt, Gaylord ice cream parlor, Bobby fast food corner and chat wali gali. One can find food according to their taste buds at these places.