Kaziranga is a national park found in two districts namely Nagoan and Golaghat in India. This park is widely known for hosting one-horned rhinoceros. Kaziranga was declared a tiger reserve in the year 2006, boasting of the maximum number of tigers in the world.
Kaziranga also hosts certain breeding animals and is home to swamp deers, elephants and wild water buffaloes. In comparison to the other confined areas in India, an outstanding success in the conservation of wild life has been noted.
When you visit Kaziaranga national park, there are several things that can be done. These include:
· Visiting the wild and watching wild animals such as tigers, elephants, wild water buffaloes and swamp deers.
· Discovering the regions less explored.
· House stays with local people.
· Interacting with the cultural communities in the villages nearby.
· Visiting the Manjuli river in order to sail.
· Attending various festivals and cultural performances such as the horn bill festivals.
Several cultures such as Assam, are traditionally known for their good work of craftsmen, artists and weavers from ancient times. The Assamese women take pride mainly in weaving and this is said to be one of the most famous traditional crafts.
Kaziranga national park is located near various hotels and resorts, thus giving the tourists a wide range of options to choose from. These resorts include Wild Grass Resort, LandMark Woods Resorts, Kaziranga Resort among others.
There are also several means of transport that you can use to reach the national park. These means include rail, road or air.
Kaziranga National Park offers very qualified tour guides. The tour guides make sure that the visitors fully enjoy their stay in Kaziranga.