Rishikesh is a popular tourist place. It is known as the “Birthplace of Yoga”. This place is very popular for meditation and yoga. This place is present near to River Ganga. This place is not far from Haridwar.
Things to do in Rishikesh :
1. Yoga and Ashrams - As we know that Rishikesh is popular destination for yoga in India. Here you can see many ashrams and many type of yoga and meditation.
2. Cliff jumping - Another option to enjoy your tour in Rishikesh is cliff jumping in Rishikesh. You will enjoy cliff jumping in freezing cold water in mid-summer. It will be an exciting and adventurous moment for you.
3. Camping - Camping can be done by any age group. There is no age limit. People who want to enjoy the serenity and beauty of nature than you must start camping here.
4. Lakshman Jhula - Main attraction of Rishikesh is Lakshman Jhula. It is a bridge across the River Ganga. It was a bridge of jute rope without any pillar till 1889. Now it is constructed by public work department.
5. Ram Jhula - This bridge is similar to Lakshman Jhula. This bridge connects two areas- Shivananda Ashram to Swarg Ashram area. It is a landmark of Rishikesh city.
6. Triveni Ghat - This ghat is a kilometer long bathing ghat. Here several devotees come to take a holy dip. This is a must see place in Rishikesh. This Ghat is a confluence of three rivers : Ganga, Saraswati and Yamuna. You must see evening Aarti at this Ghat.
7. Tera Manzil Temple - It is one of the most significant places of worship. This temple is also known as the “Trimbakeshwar temple”. It is near Lakshman Jhula. It enshrines idols of all Hindu gods and goddesses. You can enjoy beautiful view of sun from the Temple’s top.
8. Iskcon Temple - This is a famous temple in India. This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Everyday many programs held here like : Aarti, pravachan and kirtan. In temple there are many beautiful paintings of Russian artists.
People interested in yoga should not miss the International Yoga Festival held in Rishikesh. There are also Yoga Aid Challenge charity fundraiser and vegetarian cooking classes.
People who want to shop in Rishikesh can shop near Swarg Ashram. You can also buy different handicraft material, Jewellery, etc from here. There are several food outlets near Lakshman Jhula and Parmarth niketan ashram. Here you can have whatever you want to buy.
Best time to visit Rishikesh is between March-April and September-October.