India, being a tropical country, has a wide variety of holiday destinations to offer to its tourists round the year. Winters in India are the best time to visit the country as the flora is in full bloom and the temperature is quite favorable. Listed here are the best five holiday destinations that must be on your checklist if you are visiting India.
1. Rajasthan : The long spread deserts, royal palaces, colorful fairs await you if you are visiting Rajasthan. Must visit places here include Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Jaipur. The historical forts and traditional food is mesmerizing in these places. In addition to these attractions, Rajasthan also caters to the comfort of international tourists.
2. Uttarakhand : The state of Uttarakhand is located in the northern part of India, that is quite near to the great Himalayas. Uttrakhand is known for its scenic beauty. The must see places in this state are Nainital, Mussoorie, Ranikhet and Auli. The luscious greenery, white waterfalls and the bright colored flowers all over the valley is the kind of environment that you might not get anywhere else. If you are a sporty person, Auli is just the place for you, as the place has gorgeous skiing slopes. You can also visit Rishikesh and Haridwar to see the religious and cultural heritage of India.
3. Kerala : Kerala is located in the southern part of the country. It offers the best houseboat facilities along the backwaters. It is known for its treasure of spices and the long spread coconut beds. So, if you are a water lover, it is a must visit place for you. You can also indulge in one of the best Indian sea food cuisine served here.
4. Delhi : New Delhi is the capital of India and is also known as the fashion capital of India. This metropolitan city offers a wide range of entertainment and food varieties with a dash of cultural heritage. You have historical places like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid and Akshardham. The city is known for its delicacies and it will give your taste buds a good twist. The various museums and the old commercial places like Chandni Chowk are a must-visit in Delhi.
5. Goa : The place is best known for its beaches. It is the best place to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Joie de vevre is the motto when you are in Goa. The place is usually very crowded in winters. So if you plan to go there, book your stay well in advance.