Tamil Nadu is a good place for hangout with family or even friends too. It is state of India situated in extreme South of the sub-continent. It is surrounded by the Indian Ocean. Here the Tamils are especially proud of their Dravidian language and of their culture. The meaning of this state is “The land of Tamils or Tamil country”.
There are many interesting things to do in Tamil Nadu.
You Can See Many Places in Tamil Nadu
1. Chennai - It is the capital of Tamil Nadu and is also known as Madras. Its actual name is “Chennapatnam”. This city is famous for its culture and heritage as well. Here you can find many shopping areas. There are 20 heritage structures including bookshops, museums, cinema halls, and much more.
2. Mahabalipuram - This city is always full of people except in monsoons. It is also known as Mamallapuram. This city is popular for its cultural and ancient heritage. Here you can have a look on various and beautiful and attractive temples. You can cover attractions in a day or two.
3. Kanyakumari - This place is formerly known as Cape Comorin. This town is popular because of its Temples, beaches, monuments, etc. This place is also popular because of its different culture and hospitable people.
4. Madurai - Madurai is a third largest city in Tamil Nadu. Many festivals are also celebrated here. In Madurai Meenakshi Ammam Temple is most important temple here. It consists of twenty seven distinct temples and highest tower.
5. Ooty - Another tourist spot is Ooty. It is one of the top most popular and top visited hill station in India. It lies in the heart of Nilgiris Mountains. It known as the house of rare Kurunji flower which is never seen before. It is also known as Ootacamund. Here you can see different mountains, lakes, gardens, valleys, etc. It is one of the unique place you ever visited.
Festivals Celebrated in Tamil Nadu
Festivals of Tamil Nadu are very famous. In the month of January and february many festivals held in Tamil Nadu.Natyanjali Dance festival in february host by the tmple town of Chidambaram. Another festival held in Mammalapuram Dance festival. Annual float festival in January is hosted by Madurai. Pongal festival is also celebrated in the month of January.
Shopping in Tamil Nadu
You can also shop in Tamil Nadu as there are many different shops. Here you can find different dresses of Tamilian’s culture. Here you can find many things at reasonable prices.