India is one of the most intriguing countries of the world. It is a beautiful place filled by different experiences, people, and cultures. From the moment you step through the airport, whether it is Indira Gandhi International Airport, or it is Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport in Mumbai, you will be struck by how modern & efficient they are. You will have absolutely no problem finding cabs and shuttle service outside the airports. Indian cities are highly populous, but people are very friendly and helpful. The country is blessed with an extremely pleasant weather and it has amazing places worth visiting. Some places which are extremely famous amongst tourists are:
The Taj Mahal
Built in the early 18th century, this monument of white marble attracts hundreds of tourists from all over the world. Taj Mahal is an epitome of love. While a visit to Taj Mahal at any time of the day is exciting, a visit during night, preferably on a full moon night, is spectacular. The charges are a little higher for night visits, but it is worth the experience.
The Golden Temple Amritsar
The majestic Dudhsagar Falls
A Tread on Living Roots bridges
Do not forget to enjoy houseboats on Dal lake, Shikara & soo many more!
Some lesser known places are:
1. Jammu and Kashmir (paradise on Earth), Leh and Ladakh and Srinagar.
2. Punjab-rich culture, folk songs, the Indian beats you dance to, Chandigarh is one place known for all of this and more.
3. Himachal Pradesh boasts of hill stations like Shimla, Kasauli (beautiful scenery)
4. Delhi is famous for its flee markets and old monuments.
5. Rajasthan boasts of Udaipur, Jaipur, and Jaisalmer – famously known for their palaces and culture.
6.The beaches of Goa are breathtakingly beautiful.
7.Karnataka is famous for its culture, traditions and dances whereas, Bangalore is known for its cleanliness.
8. Kerala is one of the coolest places in the world and not worth missing.
9.Meghalaya is famous for its dense forests and an amazing weather.
10. West Bengal has famous destinations like Darjeeling (famous for its tea gardens and temples), Kanchenjunga mountains and ancient monasteries.
Indian food is an instant favourite among the tourists. A mixture of spices, vegetables, fruits and other ingrediants which you wouldn’t haven’t heard of, Indian food offers variety like no other cuisine. India is definitely one of those places where every moment you spend will be memorable and exiciting.